Farmhouse in Cavallino Treporti
Our cuisine can be defined as typically traditional and varies with the seasons. You can enjoy, on request, the “moeche”, the cuttlefish stewed with the castraure, the “mazaneta” coral with white polenta, the baked mullet fillet or “saor”, in addition to the dishes that we offer all the year like pasta with fish ragù, mixed fried fish, sea bream, grilled sea bass, eel (on request) and much more.
Our dishes are made using seasonal vegetables, fish from our aquaculture, pasta and homemade desserts.
Some typical dishes of our kitchen are:
• Appetizers based on fillet of sea bass or sea bream in ‘saor’
• Mixed fried lagoon and cuttlefish stew
• First courses of gnocchetti with masaneta sauce
• Tagliolini with squid ink and pasta with fish sauce
• Second courses with or sea bass or barbecued eel
• Moeche and fried vegetables
In our farm we also offer meat dishes, chicken grown on the farm and, on request, vegetarian and vegan menus.
Masanete are the crab females, very widespread and fished in the Venetian lagoon. In the autumn period, before the eggs are laid, the so-called mazenete coral ripens. At our farm in Cavallino Treporti in the province of Venice we propose the coral as a condiment on gnocchetti or tagliolini of our production.